Mostly, I hate myself for my shitty fucking life being the pathetic pile of crap that it is. Which is entirely my own fucking fault. Any way you look at it, I’m a complete fucking failure as a human being. Fuck it all.
Showing posts tagged personal
I haven’t really had much that I’ve felt like writing about on here recently. If you’re wondering about my opinions on current events, here we go, briefly:
- The US is unlikely to be able to do any good by intervening in Syria.
- Even if it could do some good, it’s even less likely that it will.
- Between the rebels and Assad’s forces, the rebels seem to be “the good guys.”
- I suspect that I’m soon about to hear tons of nauseating pro=war liberal arguments.
- And a bunch of so-called “progressives” saying great things about Rand Paul.
- Nothing good will come of this.
- Chelsea Manning getting 35 years is a travesty of justice.
- But she’s displayed amazing strength and class in dealing with that and with coming out as transgender.
- I never gave a shit about Miley Cyrus before and still don’t.
- She did give some people a reason to write interesting things about the racial implications of a white girl twerking on national TV.
- I don’t really know what to think of that, but just to be safe, I vow never to attempt twerking myself.
- Really, that’s just for the best.
- I really don’t have a problem with Be Affleck playing Batman.
I probably have opinions on other matters. Feel free to ask. Why does Tumblr make me end the post with a question mark if I want to let people reply?
I don’t actually know who “they” are, but that is what they say, from what I’ve heard. My friend Nick says that when I was drunk at the bar Friday night, I agreed to be the singer for a band with him and a couple other friends if we could cover “Surrender” by Cheap Trick. I could totally have held out for more, but I guess I didn’t. And he says he spent the weekend figuring out the guitar part. The bastard.
My first instinct is to still refuse. He doesn’t drink, and totally set me up, which I don’t think is fair. On the other hand, I’m intrigued at figuring out how we might be able to make some sort of punk song out of this:
And it looks like I’ve got to learn some lyrics. It’s just such a catchy song. This could totally work. Or fail miserably. Who knows.
“Hey, I’ve been really good about not spending more money than I can afford for all of the last two days now. I should pick up some beer to reward myself.”
I can still blame capitalism, right?
What’s happened to me? Do I even care about things anymore?
Just in case anyone was wondering if I was still around, yeah, I’m still here. Just away from a computer for a bit.
In any event, I was on a rare absence from Boston when some fucker(s) blew up the finish line of the Marathon. Now that I’m back, I finally saw the massive police presence all around town. Holy fuck. How does it make people feel safer to have officers standing around all over the place with M-16s? What do they need rifles for? If somehow there was a reason to use them, it just seems like that would involve a lot of risk to innocent bystanders. Not to mention that cops are responsible for killing more innocent people than terrorists in the US.
Also, my library book is now overdue because the library still seems to be completely inaccessible.